Do you know how much money parents spend when they have a child with autism? Of course, it is very difficult to give an exact amount, as each situation is very different, but it is clear that such families with a child with autism have much more financial pressure to provide their little loved one with adequate support. Back in 2014, a study was published in the American magazine “JAMA Paediatrics” that suggested THE TOTAL LIFETIME COST OF SUPPORTING AN INDIVIDUAL WITH AN ASD IN THE US IS $1.4 MILLION. And this number increases significantly if the person is also intellectually disabled; to a sum of up to $2.4 million. These are serious expenses! At the same time, due to any number of reasons, families with autistic children generally earn approximately 28% less than families with non-autistic children. Can you relate to this situation? However, these astronomical sums can be greatly reduced! Would you like to know how? Let’s explore.
I keep repeating, and now this has been scientifically proven, that AUTISM IS A TREATABLE BIO-MEDICAL CONDITION, as many symptoms of this disorder develop as a result of general biochemical abnormalities and accumulated toxicity in the whole body. Yes, there is a certain genetic factor that plays an important role as well. However, since we know that epigenetics play an even bigger role, we can control our gene expression through the many powerful factors around us. By “epigenetics” I mean the different circumstances and elements around us that cause our genes to be silent or active. In other words, our genes can be turned on and off like a light in a room. Therefore, by generating a better and cleaner environment, by providing your body with healthier living conditions and a minimum level of stress, we can positively influence our gene expression and we can reverse the genes’ state and heal our body. You may say that this sounds like science fiction, but it is true! And the number of children who recover from, or dramatically improve, their autism is real proof of this statement.
It is a simple but very powerful truth – LIFE STYLE AND ATTITUDE CAN REVERSE MANY UNWANTED HEALTH CONDITIONS and NUTRITION IS ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT FACTORS OF THIS PROCESS! NUTRITION HELPS TO RESET THE GENES OF YOUR CHILD WITH AUTISM AND TO INITIATE THE RECOVERY PROCESS! What is great about this very effective process, is that it doesn’t even cost all that much! It is a very cheap process in comparison to many other techniques that can, on the contrary, be very costly. With a nutritional approach, everything is in your hands. You just need the right state of mind to start the process, to follow a few rules and to be patient while you wait for results. I am not suggesting that you abandon all of the therapies that your child is already following, but perhaps to prioritise, or to schedule them in a way that gives you some time for yourself and your new hobby – cooking!
Just imagine that, instead of spending your precious time sitting in traffic and waiting in queues that place enormous stress on you and your child, you simply come home, have a nice cup of tea and start to cook something simple but delicious and healthy. For example, a wonderful roast, a casserole or a vegetable ratatouille. The bright colours of ingredients fill your kitchen while the delightful aroma of spices and herbs spreads through the house, inviting everyone to the dining room. Your child helping you set up the table while you chatter away about the delicious meal you have just made and are about to serve! Positive words about the food you are going to eat creates anticipation, encouraging the appetite and the production of digestive juices. Time to eat and enjoy yourself! And if your child doesn’t want to try the food yet, they can simply be present at the table and watch everyone else eating as they get used to the new smells and new food. This is just fine too! They will join you at some point!
This process of introducing nutritional changes that will lead to improvements in the biochemical balance, brain performance and behaviour of your child has huge advantages:
- You can do it at home, no need to travel.
- You can plan your shopping and cooking ahead of time to minimise the stress.
- You can do it together with your child and count it as quality time spent together as you will share the information, engage them in the process and communicate actively with each other.
- You learn lots of new interesting things and facts about food, new ingredients, spices, new recipes etc. This is a fascinating process of self-development.
- Once you master it, you can use cooking as a tool for stress-relief since by this point, it will have begun to bring you lots of satisfaction and joy.
- It is a great opportunity to meet other parents who practice nutritional programmes as well as other like-minded and positive people.
- You and other members of the family will experience lots of positive changes as well. As a family, you will be less ill, less stressed and will be able to spend more time together.
- And, of course, you will save lots of money as your child will not need as much support as they have required up until this point. After your child responds to the properly introduced personal dietary modifications, they will be much more responsive to any further therapies and learning support that they may need! A nutritional programme will boost and initiate a whole cascade of positive healing processes in the body of your child, such as:
- Healing Leaky gut syndrome
- Resetting the microbiome and fixing dysbiosis
- Improving nutrient absorption and resolving nutrient deficiencies
- Removing inflammation
- Restoring mitochondrial function and, therefore, solving the issue of the child’s energy levels
- Restoring immunity
- Removing toxins and restoring the body’s own detox system
- Preparing the body for further targeted detoxification and brain repair
Wow! So many benefits just from changing the way you think about food and how powerful it is! And what is amazing is that it really does work! This is no bluff! A nutritional programme works very effectively. Here is a quote from one mother of a child with autism who I am currently helping and who, over the course of one year turned from someone who disliked spending time in the kitchen into a passionate and creative cook: “The programme really works! There are clear steps and stages to follow and everything is based on good food practice. Processed food out, healthy food in. And it was a joy to discover fermented foods and to find how easy they were to make at home. I continue to be impressed at the progress my son David is making. At home and at school, we are all noticing how his communication is improving, to say nothing of how exciting it is to see him willingly try new food. If I had been told at the start of this process that he would eat half the things he now does, I would have found it very hard to believe and yet, the other evening, he tried raw tuna. How amazing!” This boy, David, is 16 years old and has made enormous progress in the way in which he learns, in the way in which he sees the world around him and in his manner of communicating with others. His anxiety levels dropped significantly and his self-confidence has improved dramatically. Now he is ready for other, more targeted, therapies such as homeopathic detoxes, nutrigenomics and neurofeedback programmes.
So, my message for your today is, THE RIGHT CHOICE OF THERAPY AND THE RIGHT ORDER OF IMPLEMENTING THE CHOSEN THERAPIES AND SUPPORTS FOR YOUR CHILD WITH AUTISM ARE VERY IMPORTANT! This can save you lots of time, which is an essential factor for neuroplasticity and restoring brain functions, and, therefore, ensure you get better results faster. And this strategy can also save you lots of money, which is another very important factor for a family.
Do you already have experience in this area? Do you want to share your thoughts on this topic? Please, let’s discuss! Or, if you would like to learn more about this topic and find out the details of a nutritional programme specific to your child, please contact me at www.liveright.eu or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to receiving your ever-valuable questions, comments and feedback.
Photo: Jamie Roberston, 11, who was diagnosed with a severe form of autism at the age of three, but now his grades are among the best in his class, scoring 95 per cent in maths, 91 per cent in science and 85 per cent in English last year. Read more about Jamie here: http://dailym.ai/2w2jZGi